Monday, April 25, 2011

Bumper Sticker Logic

I put a bumper sticker on my car the other day that reads "Pro-Child, Pro-Family, Pro-Choice."  I'm a little nervous about it.  Every time I go to the grocery store now I'm waiting for someone to come up and start yelling at me.  I try to avoid bumper stickers because they don't generally change anyone's mind about anything, but I've gotten so tired of seeing pro-life bumper stickers all over town and figured maybe it would uplift some of my pro-choice neighbors to see that they're not alone (if in fact they exist at all).

Here's a rough sampling of the bumper stickers that are very common around here:
-Choose Life
-I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You keep the change.
-If Obama's the answer, it must have been a stupid question.
-Abortion stops a beating heart.
-TEA - Taxed enough already
-Work Harder - Millions on welfare depend on you

Not to mention the hundreds of Christian fish I'm stuck looking at in traffic every day.

You see what I'm up against?

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! My car is chock-full of bumper stickers for the same reason - not because I think that bumper sticker arguments change anyone's mind, but because I might be a beacon of acceptance for others who share my beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are out there! :)

    I have a "Dog is my co-pilot" sticker on my car, because it's basically true, but I understand your fear about bumping into a ranter in the parking lot. There are some eye-rolling stickers out there. It's nice to go to DFL or UCC meetings and see "our" stickers every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I am not into ideological bumper stickers because for me it is worthless to read. I hate it the fact that my kids can read it and they may think it is great. I don't want them to be influence with the message written on the bumper labels stickers.

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep it civil people.