Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Even though I'm an atheist, I thought I'd stick to a religious topic today what with it being Easter and all. 

Yesterday, I watched a show on the History Channel about the Shroud of Turin.  You know, the one that supposedly was used to wrap up Jesus after he was crucified.  The show explored many different theories as to how the shroud could have been created.  Through all the different theories, not one person ever mentioned the idea that maybe this thing was not from Jesus, but say, some other guy that was crucified. 

I mean, crucifixion happened all the time back in the day.  They spent all this time in the show disproving all the various ways the thing could have been faked, but spent zero time hypothesizing that maybe, just maybe, it was an authentic burial shroud, just not the one that wrapped up Jesus.  Is this the level our critical thinking has come to in this country?  No wonder we're all so dumb.

Enjoy your Peeps!

2 comments:

  1. Carbon dating showed that the shroud wasn't any where near as old as 33BCE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, and they tried to say that was because it had been handled so many times throughout the years that it was contaminated somehow. I'm no scientist, but that seems like a lame answer to me.

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep it civil people.