Monday, March 28, 2011

Pieces of Flair

I had a "button making party" this weekend where a few friends of mine and I made over 100 one-of-a-kind buttons for the upcoming "Women's Expo" that our pro-choice group will be participating in.  I actually really got into it and forsee making about 6,000 more on my own after the kids are asleep.  Some of our favorite slogans:

"Pro-Child, Pro-Family, Pro-Choice"
"Trust Women"
"Mother by Choice"
"Pro-Faith, Pro-Family, Pro-Choice"
"Pro-Baby, Pro-Choice"

Do you see a theme here?  In a community like mine, I find that many people who consider themselves "pro-life" would actually find that they are pro-choice if they just realized that you can still like babies and support abortion rights.  Like I try to tell people; whether or not you're pro-choice has nothing to do with your personal stance on abortion.  It's only based on whether or not you believe that other women are capable of making that decision for themselves.

You really can love your kids and be pro-choice at the same time.  I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep it civil people.