Monday, August 29, 2011

Rick Perry: The New GWB

I'm really having a hard time with this whole Rick Perry phenomenon.  I simply can't wrap my head around how this country went through 8 years of pure hell under George W. Bush, yet half of the country seems ready and willing to jump right back under the bus.

Whenever I hear Rick Perry speak, I see GWB.  He's got the same swagger, condescending tone in his voice and inability to put together coherent sentences.  I heard someone on TV who's met him describe Perry as "dumb as a box of rocks."  That's pretty dumb.

My husband thinks it's due to the fact that half the country is functional retarded; sorry, "mentally challenged."  But I'd like to give people a little more credit than that.  Can't they see how Perry would just be reheated GWB?  Did anybody but the super-rich do well from 2000-2008?  Were soldiers better off? Were workers, women, children better off?  I don't think so.

Since when did having a nauseatingly macho attitude qualify you to be the president? Oh ya, since GWB.

2 comments:

  1. Think of how stupid the average person is, half of them are dumber than that.

    Will be following you

    ReplyDelete
  2. The media is tripping all over themselves to marginalize the red tide of negative Rick Perry factoids and anecdotes rising up from the Lone Star State itself, almost like the dust from a West Texas windstorm.

    They're now reducing them to one or two word phrases and hurriedly inserting gems like "one thing you can say about Rick Perry, he knows how to win elections".

    Oh boy! Does that have anything to do with his ability as a leader? Hell no, but who cares!

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep it civil people.